cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I plug my TV into aerial if I only have Virgin broadband and don't want Virgin TV?

CN1982
Just joined

So, I have Virgin broadband, but not Virgin TV.  I've gone without a TV for a few years, but now want to get one for movies and the World Cup.

I don't want to pay for Virgin TV - Netflix, Amazon and freeview will do me fine.  But my coaxial cable is plugged into my Virgin router.

So, how do I plug my TV into the aerial?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to have a digital terrestrial aerial fitted to your property, generally on the roof although if you are in a strong signal area you may get away with an internal aerial.

You should contact a local aerial installer to discuss your requirements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Virgin coaxial cable is not an “aerial”, it’s a service cable providing both TV & Broadband services via a closed system.

So you need an aerial.

There are two choices. Freeview or Freesat. One is based on terrestrial land based transmitters, the other on satellite technology. With both you only pay for the box (if required) plus installation. There are no ongoing fees. Some people don’t want an aerial on the roof or are served by a transmitter that only provides a handful of channels. Satellite dishes can go on any wall that has an unobstructed view South South East. Freesat also provides more HD content than Freeview. Both systems have boxes that allow recording.

Talk to a local CAI approved aerial installer. Some will provide you with Freesat boxes as well as the dish.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Freeview TV is a broadcast based system fed from an aerial and has nothing to do with Virgin TV.

Follow the cable from your aerial and plug it in the back of your TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more