Menu
Carlloeb27
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

House phone

I got a phone call 11 days ago saying your house phone will be on in 10 days so today I set up my phone with the hub and it gave me a icon saying your phone was on and if it wasn’t then phone 174 to retrieve a different number but phone line is crackling,it’s our old phone from other house please help
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: House phone

@Carlloeb27 wrote:
I got a phone call 11 days ago saying your house phone will be on in 10 days so today I set up my phone with the hub and it gave me a icon saying your phone was on and if it wasn’t then phone 174 to retrieve a different number but phone line is crackling,it’s our old phone from other house please help

It may indeed be your old phone. You only normally get crackling with bad connections on analogue phone circuits. The line to the hub is digital, with analogue only between the hub & phone itself, & possibly at the exchange.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Carlloeb27
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So what your saying is that I need a digital phone,i can’t hear anything on the line apart from cracklng 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Carlloeb27 wrote:

So what your saying is that I need a digital phone,i can’t hear anything on the line apart from cracklng 

The hub converts everything to analogue. Any phone you can plug into a standard landline can be used with Virgin hub, so get another landline phone & try it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos