Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: HOSTING COMPANY AT FAULT?

If you go back to messages 1 and 3 in this thread I believe the issue to be that the posted URLs do not resolve to the virgin media partner site for the Slate Yard development.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Actually to be pedantic - the original URL does resolve - only it goes to a 123reg parking page

The site @apcyberax says it looks as if it may have originally redirected to:

https://module.virginmediapartners.com/getvirginmedia/theslateyard/5555

Is still live.

Tim

P.S.  The Whois for getvirgin.co.uk was updated yesterday 1/11/2018

Domain name: 
getvirgin.co.uk 

Data validation: 
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 31-Oct-2018 

Registrar: 
123-Reg Limited t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG] 
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk 

Relevant dates: 
Registered on: 05-Apr-2017 
Expiry date: 05-Apr-2019 
Last updated: 01-Nov-2018 

Registration status: 
Registered until expiry date. 

Name servers: 
ns.123-reg.co.uk 212.67.202.2 
ns2.123-reg.co.uk 62.138.132.21 

WHOIS lookup made at 17:29:13 02-Nov-2018 

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired) James_W
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it is a Virgin Media site.

The reasons BenMCR gave are accurate.

The links have to be correct for the right page / promotion to appear. If the URL is wrong, then you’ll need to check with your local contact.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

IKbrunel
Up to speed
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

"I don't disagree about the need to be careful on this. But I still don't quite understand the original reason for the query and what the issue with the site is?"

As previously mentioned, I have been provided with a link to a special offer page:  www.getvirgin.co.uk/**** redacted****

The link has been working correctly until sometime in the previous 24Hrs.

The link now directs to what is the site hosting company, I did contact said company by 'phone and received a load of B.S.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

the site is no longer there. It might return. nothing you can do its not a VM problem its not a VM site. you'll need to wait and see if the site returns

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

The internet is awash with fake business and domain names which look legitimate. I don't see a Partners page on the virginmedia.com website.

That's because it's designed for working with partner companies and targeted offers e.g. if Virgin Media agree to give a company an offer for their staff, it would be managed through the partner site.

So there is no reason for it to be linked from the main virginmedia.com site.

I disagree that VM doesn't need to endorse partners through its website as it's all to easy for a scammer to set up a nice-looking website and capture your details such as name, address, email, phone number and even bank or credit card information. All VM has to do is have a page on virginmedia.com which says that it has agreeements with partners who are authorised to sell VM's services and provide links to the partners' websites.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I disagree that VM doesn't need to endorse partners through its website as it's all to easy for a scammer to set up a nice-looking website and capture your details such as name, address, email, phone number and even bank or credit card information. All VM has to do is have a page on virginmedia.com which says that it has agreeements with partners who are authorised to sell VM's services and provide links to the partners' websites.

But that's not what it's for. It's not a site where anyone can search out a partner company to buy Virgin Media services from.

It's a site designed to allow partner companies to direct their own employees or residents to in order to sign up for an offer that's been communicated through the company in the first place.

So if I work for Company X, they may have agreed a staff deal from Virgin Media for me. So they would then say in their internal HR information that I would need to go their special page on the Virgin Media Partners site to sign up.

In the case of The Slate Yard, the correct link will be in the residents handbook or other contractual information.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
IKbrunel
Up to speed
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

F.I.O.    Now up and running correctly.

0 Kudos