cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Cabling Dillemma

gcarter
Superfast

Trying to get my head around a rather convoluted cabling solution. 

We have just had laminate flooring put down in our house and as such am having to get creative with the wiring, to keep cables running along the skirting boards to a minimum. 

Here's the current setup

• Long HDMI cable running from TV, tacked to skirting boards and into cabinet on the other side of the room
  • Cabinet contains amongst other things a PC and the virgin media TV box 

The current HDMI cable is only long enough to reach from the TV to the bottom section of the cabinet which houses the virgin box.

However I have x2 HDMI switch boxes which I want to setup as follows... 

• HDMI switch box1, which is on top of the cabinet (and can't be reached by the main cable) is to be used to physically switch inputs between virgin media box and PC 
  • HDMI switch box2, is to be used at the bottom of the cabinet, to both output to the TV and have the inputs of the virgin media and PC plugged into it 

What's hurting my head is how do I cable this setup? 

Granted I should simplyfy by just getting longer cables and just one HDMI switch box but hey, I wanted to know if the compromise of jerry rigging using x2 HDMI switch boxes is doable? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FlashPan
Fibre optic

Why 2 switch boexs in the same location?  long hdmi cable should be going from the TV to the switch box to then connect to your pc/vm box.  get a longer hdmi cable or extension 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

FlashPan
Fibre optic

Why 2 switch boexs in the same location?  long hdmi cable should be going from the TV to the switch box to then connect to your pc/vm box.  get a longer hdmi cable or extension 

Yeah mate, it was just because I had x2 switch boxes, technically to act as an extender.

Just gonna bite the bullet and get longer cables 😎