Menu
Kayd57
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Green Junction box

I have a green junction box against the middle of my garden wall. I want to remove the wall and have a drop kerb created so that I can drove onto my garden. How do I go about getting the green junction box moved?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green Junction box

This would cost you a lot of money as all the works done by virgin would be chargeable, the last article I could find the cost of moving a box was £130,000 

There's a £240 charge just to survey it, you would have to wait for a virgin rep to get back to you  here, this is normally about a week

chenks
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Kayd57 wrote:

I have a green junction box against the middle of my garden wall. I want to remove the wall and have a drop kerb created so that I can drove onto my garden. How do I go about getting the green junction box moved?

unless you have a lot of money this isn't going to happen i'm afraid.
the cost of ALL works would be passed on to you.

Also, are you sure the cabinet is a virgin box? virgin cabinets are mostly grey, the green ones usually at BT cabinets.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have a permit for the box to be on the service strip where it is.

It is not uncommon for the works to move a box, change all the ducting in the path & road plus possible rewiring of some customers to cost several thousand pounds. A charge that you would be landed with.

Virgin will charge to even to come & look at it.

A recent thread on the same subject is linked below:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/VM-Junction-box-obstruction/td-p/34...

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Kayd57
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's definately a virgin box

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kayd57, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 
I have sent you a private message with some information on this Smiley Happy 

Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos