Menu
Kayd57
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Green Junction box

I have a green junction box against the middle of my garden wall. I want to remove the wall and have a drop kerb created so that I can drove onto my garden. How do I go about getting the green junction box moved?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green Junction box

This would cost you a lot of money as all the works done by virgin would be chargeable, the last article I could find the cost of moving a box was £130,000 

There's a £240 charge just to survey it, you would have to wait for a virgin rep to get back to you  here, this is normally about a week

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

chenks
Wise owl
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Kayd57 wrote:

I have a green junction box against the middle of my garden wall. I want to remove the wall and have a drop kerb created so that I can drove onto my garden. How do I go about getting the green junction box moved?

unless you have a lot of money this isn't going to happen i'm afraid.
the cost of ALL works would be passed on to you.

Also, are you sure the cabinet is a virgin box? virgin cabinets are mostly grey, the green ones usually at BT cabinets.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have a permit for the box to be on the service strip where it is.

It is not uncommon for the works to move a box, change all the ducting in the path & road plus possible rewiring of some customers to cost several thousand pounds. A charge that you would be landed with.

Virgin will charge to even to come & look at it.

A recent thread on the same subject is linked below:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/VM-Junction-box-obstruction/td-p/34...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Kayd57
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's definately a virgin box

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kayd57, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 
I have sent you a private message with some information on this 🙂 

Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos