Menu
cruger
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Full fibre broadband provider offers 900Mbps £25pm

Southampton will be the first city to benefit from toob's full fibre network rollout, delivering download speeds 20 times faster than the UK average and upload speeds up to 145 times faster.

To be honest I am happy with the vivid 350 but not the price.

Will a company like this force Virgin to reduce broadband prices?

900 Mbps average upload and download speeds 

No slowdown or buffering at any time

Unlimited usage, no caps

One price, no line rental charge

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Full fibre broadband provider offers 900Mbps £25pm

That price is not sustainable, that will be to get people to jump ship.  Vodafone fibre is really cheap too 

0 Kudos
cruger
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin's cable isn't FTTH (Fibre to the home), only FTTC (Fibre to the cabinet), this will be 'true' fibre, whereas Virgin Media and BT Infinity are still delivered on old fashioned copper wires to the home, and not truly fibre internet.

Virgin Media's 350Mbps package costs £52/month ( for 12 month period), Toob's proposed 900Mbps internet will be £25/month ( for 12 month period). That's a bargain, and well cheaper than even Virgin's cheapest package. I imagine many people will take this up.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No provider will bring down prices until the cheaper providers can match the coverage.

Why would Vm Lower 5 million users costs with 4.95 million of them can't move to a cheaper provider in the are they live.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No slowdown or buffering at any time

Unlimited usage, no caps

Impossible to guarantee unless you build huge excess capacity - at a cost.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

so only 10 users per 10Gbps interface. research the cost to deliver that through a router. Not possible

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

cruger
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well we won't have long to wait and see how it all pans out. toob aim to have their first customers connected by the end of 2019 and have planned to roll-out a 900Mbps capable Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) broadband network to 100,000 UK premises by the end of 2021. They have secured a huge investment of £75m and also being supported by the Government’s £400m DIIF.  With so many new full fibre ISPs cropping up and seemingly choosing to target the same urban markets as so many others, including the larger players like Openreach, Cityfibre, and Virgin etc. sooner or later we’re going to see winners and losers from this fight.  

I have Virgins 350 vivid broadband, phone and tv deal which is cheap as a bundle. I don't use the landline phone and can live without their tv service but as a loyal broadband customer of 20 years I have not really explored in detail what other providers are offering for broadband only, in the end it has been better the devil you know. What I find is most broadband only deals are very expensive for what they are. So if there is another company that can match or better Virgins broadband in the near future but much cheaper that has to be a good thing.     

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cruger
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The operator also expects to make some use of Openreach's existing cable ducts and poles to help deploy their network (Physical Infrastructure Access) and says they’d be willing to share access to this once built. 

0 Kudos