cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview Loss of Signal

Prso9
Dialled in

So I have just recently bought a nice new bed with a built-in TV.  I am using an antenna to get freeview.  Whenever I turn on my PS4, the freeview signal disappears and if I am trying to record a freeview programme onto a USB, it doesn't work as the signal has been lost due to the input being changed to HDMI.  Is this normal,  or is there something I can do to stop the signal dropping whilst having my PS4 on?

12 REPLIES 12

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV is working correctly. There is a signal line on an HDMI cable that causes the TV to switch when the other box is power on. I believe you can get a modified cable with this signal line cut, unfortunately I do not remember the name of the line as I do not have much to do with TVs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Prso9
Dialled in

Thanks for everyone's respinses, I guess I'll just need to not record on my TV when I'm using my PS4

It's best to buy a Freeview recorder box which I believe costs from £100 to £250, that way you keep Freeview recording completely separate from any other source for your TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection