Menu
Danielg497
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Forgotten username - redirected to 'Oops, somethings broken'

Hi,

I've been trying to log onto the 'my virgin media account' online but i have forgotten my username to access this. Every time I click on the Forgotten my username link and entered my account details etc. i get redirected to a page saying:

Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.

Other parts of the site might be working as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want.

This has been the case for several months now, is there another way to retrieve my username?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forgotten username - redirected to 'Oops, somethings broken'

Hi your user name will be your email address.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danielg497,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. Apologies for the issues you've had trying to access your account.

As Micky has said, your username for MyVM would usually be the email address registered to your account. If you've tried this with no success, please feel free to drop me a pm so we can investigate further and get this sorted for you.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Bilco62
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've been getting the same since at least last weekend. It doesn't accept the password I was using to up then and the forgotten passwords redirects to the "oops we're doing work" page.

Is the site down - or is there something wrong with my account.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Bilco62 wrote:

Hi,

I've been getting the same since at least last weekend. It doesn't accept the password I was using to up then and the forgotten passwords redirects to the "oops we're doing work" page.

Is the site down - or is there something wrong with my account.

Thanks,

Steve

Could be either - the site to manage passwords via My Profile or Manage accounts has been down since the weekend.  No indication as yet from VM as to when they have resolved this issue.

Until that is resolved you won't be able to determine if your issue is part of the general fault or one specific to your account.  I would suggest keeping an eye on the Service status page but that won't help as this issue has not been acknowledged on there as i type this.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped