Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Firestick 4K connection problem hub 3

Hi my firestick suddenly started saying connected with problems and won’t let me use any apps bbc iPlayer ect,  it works on my phone hotspot, has any one got any other ideas, turned virgin off overnight and factory reset  firestick, turned off websafe and virus safe, still won’t connect too virgin but can run firestick of my phone hotspot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Firestick 4K connection problem hub 3

You need your Firestick to 'Forget' the network (There is an option to do this when you click on the connection you are already connected to).

Then try again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam,

This is an Amazon problem, not VM - have tested it via EE as well

I had that problem earlier. I went into Settings > Manage Installed Applications and ran my sideloaded apps from there instead however any apps already pre-installed  or downloaded via amazon store or google play refused to play from there as well - kept seeing Amazon Appstore connection failure. Please try opening this app again.

Uninstalled BBC IPlayer via managed installed applications and also from desktop, however the app still shows on desktop, but not under Manage Installed Applications

Firestick TV Home Version 6230056.1

Software Version Fire OS 6.2.7.1 (NS6271/2495)

Whilst checking my version number it informed me there was a system update, I clicked install, 10 seconds later the FS went to the home screen.

Checking about FS again and the Fire TV Home Version is now 6231058.1

Apps still not working.  Restarted FS no difference

EDIT Amazon Prime plays ok

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ve recently moved from plus net and it worked fine and as I say it works on my EE hotspot from my phone, it’s not individual apps that isn’t working on Virgin it’s the firestick that won’t work at all, it appears to be connecting in a limited fashion but won’t let it access any broadband use,  I’ve tried factory reset and forgetting the network but no joy, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried a connection to both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How do I change the bands please 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 (if in modem mode)
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID) and the Wifi password (network key).
Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz (the password can be the same) and click on Apply changes.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos