cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External VM box in White

tmarkedwards
Tuning in

Old brown external wall box got dislodged/damaged, partly due to plant stem growing to large. Cables currently hanging loose but still working ok. Where can I get a replacement WHITE external box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Limited/unimaginative. It is a corporate branded box in the companys colour branding scheme. You used to have the choice of grey, grey or grey (I think one of the original companies used black, but it was the exception, rather than the rule).

Nothing to stop you getting the paint pot out if you don't like it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

You cannot only Virginmedia can change the box, currently it will be what Virginmedia have you will not get a choice of colour.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

That may be an accurate answer but it certainly isn't helpful. Not DJ_Shadow1966 fault... just VM being rather limited/unimaginative in their basic resources.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Limited/unimaginative. It is a corporate branded box in the companys colour branding scheme. You used to have the choice of grey, grey or grey (I think one of the original companies used black, but it was the exception, rather than the rule).

Nothing to stop you getting the paint pot out if you don't like it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Fair enough. Paint at the ready. Hope I don't get sued for deforming Virgin property 😉

Donald1946
On our wavelength

Just had a external VM Box fitted it is a White box thought they used brown ones 

mine is white and has been since it was installed years ago

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chenks76 wrote:
mine is white and has been since it was installed years ago

Mine is grey and was installed soooo long ago, it's got a nice silvery grey patina look.  😉

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There's a school of opinion says most of the VIPs were installed soooo long ago, they've each got a nice silvery grey patina look.

Shouldn't there be an "I'll get my coat on the way out" emoji?