Menu
YetiZ
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Expansion to South Wales

I currently live in the Southern part of Wales, around the Bridgend/Broadlands area.

I'm just inquiring to see if there is some kind of road map for development in this area, or if there are plans in the near future to expand here as currently there are no Virgin Media services available.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expansion to South Wales

best bet is to simply register your interest via the cablemystreet page, and you'll get a prompt if anything ever develops.
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @YetiZ 

You can use https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker to check your post code and register some details so we can keep you posted if services do become available in your area.

Having lived in Bridgend for a few years I know it's not currently available in the area - but it's definitely worth registering your details.

I hope that helps Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The nearest areas with VM service are North Cornelly and Llanharry. It would require a considerable investment to build a network into Bridgend, expect to wait for years even if VM decided to do it.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Bwlmog
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Major infrastructure works in Bridgend. My road had the ducting laid in August and surrounding g streets still being laid. No timeline for availability, understand that the duct work is the start of the process but waiting is killing me.

0 Kudos