Menu
Robolovsky
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Confirmed system issue but no mention on Service Status

Huge issues with broadband in Slough area. Intermittent service at best, no service at worst. Been going on all of last week and still going on today. I called the helpline today and was told there is an issue and the expected fix date is, wait for it, 8th October. I checked with two immediate neighbours and they are having the same problem. One of my neighbours was told that the fault was due to a customers isolator at the back of the hub causing noise, with 4-5 Postcodes and 30% of customers affected. Whether this is true or not I don't know. If it is down to a single customers equipment why is it going to take another week to sort it out?

My main point here though is that the Service Status page on the website is still showing "No Known Issues". My neighbour also mentioned that the 0800 automated line also says there are no known issues. Why is the system not properly updated to show ongoing problems? I'm afraid I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with the VM service. Anyone else noticed that the online Chat system is frequently unavailable?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confirmed system issue but no mention on Service Status

Service status page only reflects reallly big issues where 1000’s of users are affected. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
Highlighted
Robolovsky
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confirmed system issue but no mention on Service Status

In this case it appears that several postcodes were affected. The issue was a capacitor on the back of a customer's router which was causing noise on the network which in turn affected many people. I personally think that this should have warranted a mention on the service status for this area. I understand that if there is an issue affecting only one or two people that it would probably not be mentioned but this one was bigger than that.
0 Kudos