Menu
DavidJ
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Complaint! DOCSIS is not fibre

Can VM's call centre staff, especially those in retentions, be "reeducated" about the technology that VM uses, please?

I phoned up VM earlier today in regards to the UKTV channels loss and got into quite a heated argument with a staff member who told me I was being supplied by a fibre service. I'm not.

She went on to say that the green street cabinets have fibre going into them. They do not, or at least most of them do not, it's coaxial. And finally, I was told DOCSIS is fibre tech, it's not, as a one minute search on Google would illustrate.

It's bad enough that VM have misleading adverts all over the place promoting their "fibre" service, but to be given incorrect and misleading information on the phone, however unintentional, is unacceptable.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint! DOCSIS is not fibre

This article is worth reading: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/06/cityfibre-secure-judicial-review-of-misleading-fibre-b...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
DavidJ
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint! DOCSIS is not fibre

Hello Sololobo,

Yes, I am aware of the CityFibre complaint.

There have been complaints before by the likes of BT and Sky on this subject, but it never got anywhere, probably because at the time no company had fibre networks of their own. That is now changing.

When I called VM and told the lady that Openreach are deploying FTTP networks and my area will be getting it soon, whatever soon is, she kept on insisting that VM's service is a fibre one. It is not. It is factually wrong and misleading.

0 Kudos