cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coaxial Splitters (TV360) S/N ratio

jjamknight
On our wavelength

Hello All 

apologises for this question : I take it a cannot use my Roof Top Arial cable (Coaxial) as the coaxial input on a TV box for channels. (I guess VM sends additional comms/channels down its own Coaxial and hence you have to use a splitter) 

So, any advice on what to consider when it comes to the installation, placement of the splitter and what to expect from any signal loss (board band). In addition I'm in modem mode. 

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jjamknight wrote:

Hello All 

apologises for this question : I take it a cannot use my Roof Top Arial cable (Coaxial) as the coaxial input on a TV box for channels. (I guess VM sends additional comms/channels down its own Coaxial and hence you have to use a splitter) 

So, any advice on what to consider when it comes to the installation, placement of the splitter and what to expect from any signal loss (board band). In addition I'm in modem mode. 

Standard coax is not adequately screened against ingress from Freeview, DAB radio or 4/5G Mobile transmissions, which use the same RF spectrum VM uses for its services. VMs techs use coax specifically manufactured for the purpose. You can buy splitters out there of the correct type, but bear in mind it’s against VMs T&Cs to use any of your own kit on their coax network.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks