cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change location of Hub

Neil_S_H
Joining in

Hi All,

I am trying to book an engineer to pre install wires in my home when it's being refurbished. I do not live there at the moment and so my account is on a rented property until I move back.  I want a new location for my Hub and TiVo boxes and the wires to be installed before decorating.

I called virgin and they can't do it due to my account being on a different address, after 40 mins they cut me off!  Im not moving back for a few months but need the work to be done now. 

Any ideas, can I run the wires myself?  Thanks

Neil.

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Neil_S_H wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to book an engineer to pre install wires in my home when it's being refurbished. I do not live there at the moment and so my account is on a rented property until I move back.  I want a new location for my Hub and TiVo boxes and the wires to be installed before decorating.

I called virgin and they can't do it due to my account being on a different address, after 40 mins they cut me off!  Im not moving back for a few months but need the work to be done now. 

Any ideas, can I run the wires myself?  Thanks

Neil.

Usual suggestion is to put in conduit and a draw wire as part of any first fix electrical work so that, when you are back in your home, the VM tech can pull through the required cables without any disruption to the building fabric.