Menu
Highlighted
delboytoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot make outgoing calls on cordless phones

Virgin media green zone and the following have been working for years;

I have two cordless phones (1xPhillips, 1x'vallue' phone) and one wired phone.all with a pulsating ring tone on the same number.  After returning home after a few days away I tried to call a number and neither of the cordless phones will make outgoing calls - the dial tone continues after the number has been called until a continuous signal showing no connection.  The wired phone is ok.  Both cordless phones will receive calls.

Have tried turning off power/removing batteries/unplugging phone connection on both.  Also plugged the wired phone into one cordless outlet and this works and the cordless into the wired phone point and the cordless doesn't work there either.  Therefore the phone  points are live and working.

Appreciate any help please.

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot make outgoing calls on cordless phones

so you've confirmed it's not a line issue you have.
either virgin have stopped supporting old style "pulse" dialling or your cordless phones are faulty.
delboytoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I tried my cordless mode and found it was on tone and is the one that doesn't work.  Tried changing to pulse, heard all the 'clicks' as it was dialling and it connected - certainly not a mode that had been used for many years!  Still confused as hadn't changed the mode on either phone!

Thanks

0 Kudos
delboytoo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don't know what is happening but I've just tried to phone again and both cordless are working.  Absolutely no idea what happened or why but thanks for viewing and suggesting.

0 Kudos