Menu
ade1962
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't forward spam

The City of London Police have an anti-phishing email address at nfibphishing @city-of-London.pnn.police.uk. You forward spammy phishing attempts to them so they can investigate and add the details to their database. I managed to do this twice on 14 Dec (I received 2 virtually identical emails from different addresses) but was unable to do it again with a fake PayPal scam email on 26 Dec as Virgin blocked me because my email contained spam (!). Could you please allow the above email address to be exempt from the process that stops spam being sent, so that it can be forwarded to them? I'm also intrigued as to why your automatic surveillance recognised it as spam when I tried to forward it but not when it was delivered straight to my inbox rather than my junk box?

0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't forward spam

it picked it up because it was YOU that was sending the spam email.
seriously though, you are wasting your time attempting to forward the "spam" on to any address, be it police or not. the police won't do anything about it (it's almost impossible to do anything about it).

spend your time doing something better, like going for a walk.
ade1962
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They wouldn't be expending money and resources on it if it was impossible to do anything about it. I'll do whatever I can to stamp on criminals. And your first comment misses my point entirely - if it recognises it as spam going out it should have recognised it as spam coming in, and should have dumped it in my junk mail box instead of my inbox.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenks
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

it may not have been on the "spam" database at the point it was sent to you, but by the time you then sent it to someone it was on the spam database.

they may be spending money and resources on it, but they are wasting money and resources on it.
the best thing you and anyone can do is simply delete the email. if everyone simply deletes then there is no victim.
ade1962
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Points taken. Cheers.
0 Kudos