Menu
IandC
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to VPN/ Need to change IP?

I switched to Virgin from BT last week and am now unable to connect to my workplace VPN. This is a huge problem for me as I work at home at least one day a week. IT dept at work have said that the IP address needs to be changed but this does not seem to be possible when I log into the router. Is there any way this can be done?

Thanks

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to VPN/ Need to change IP?

i think your IT dept are throwing you a bum steer here.
they will most likely need to allow your new IP address access to their VPN, that is something they need to do. all you need to do it tell them what your new IP address is.

bear in mind though that your IP address could change at any point (you don't have much, or any, control over that).

you don't have any way of changing your IP address (other than turning your router off and leaving it off for a lengthy period of time (ie months).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Consider either:

• turning off Web Safe's Virus Safe and Child Safe components to see if that is the issue.

Tip: to tell whether Child Safe is active and working consider blocking a domain under the Websites tab to test against.

FYI How to use Web Safe

• using another router with your Virgin Media Hub in modem mode; alternating IP addresses are assigned depending on whether modem mode is selected
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Switch off VM's Advanced Network Error Search as well.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos