Can I get a new ip address as think mine has been hacked /compromised

Amandasimbo
Joining in

Can I get a new ip address as think mine has been hacked /compromised 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

asim18
Fibre optic

VM wont change your IP for you, but if you get your own router and put the VM Hub into modem mode it will give you a different IP address.

But why do you think your IP has been hacked? The IP itself cant really be hacked, but there can be a device behind the IP address which is hacked. If that device is still there when you change IP address then then changing the IP address wont do anything.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

asim18
Fibre optic

VM wont change your IP for you, but if you get your own router and put the VM Hub into modem mode it will give you a different IP address.

But why do you think your IP has been hacked? The IP itself cant really be hacked, but there can be a device behind the IP address which is hacked. If that device is still there when you change IP address then then changing the IP address wont do anything.

How would I know which device has been hacked we have a laptop android tablet and several phones 

Unless the hacked device by the hacker say hi I hacked you their is no easy way.

So how do you know to say you think have been hacked?
---------------------------------------------------------------

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is your IP address being blocked by one or more sites?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.