Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I edit my own forum post after making it public?

I've seen a post with information that the poster probably should not make public and I have reported it to the moderator; but it has raised the question in my mind whether one's own post can be edited after posting. I have looked at FAQ and did not find the answer. So, is there a way that a poster can edit or delete his/her own post after it has been sent and made public on the forum?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I edit my own forum post after making it public?

There is a 30 minute edit window after posting during which the poster can make changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I suppose 30 minutes is helpful if you see an error in your own post more or less immediately.

If you happen to see a longer standing post that the poster might need to edit (say because he/she has included personal information), it is less useful. In that case, I assume a flag to the moderator is the only recourse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, if you spot something inappropriate use the Flag for a moderator button.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos