Menu
Mullankd
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street

Virgin are st present installing the cables in Gorton area Manchester  for virgin broadband our housing estate is just 100 meters away from the street they are laying cables for new lines. We are surprised as to why our housing estate which has 250 properties has been left out of this installation can someone please tell as what is the criteria of where and when they lay the new cables and what would be the reason as to why a development of 250 houses has been left out 

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable my street

decisions will be made based on various things. these will be deemed as business sensitive and unlikely to be divulged.

it might not be financially viable, there may be wayleave issues, may be physical issues which make it hard to run cable.

the bottom line is that business decisions are made as to where they cable and where they don't.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is it a private road?

Is it a new build estate that is under 10 years old?

Is the road/paths block paved?

Any of the above can prevent a road from being included in a build expansion.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
Mullankd
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for the reply I think the estate is 8 years old.

so do you think virgin will install once the estate is 10years old.

how come BT. has brought fibre to the estate although it is not super fast broadband 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Mullankd wrote:

Hi

thanks for the reply I think the estate is 8 years old.

so do you think virgin will install once the estate is 10years old.

how come BT. has brought fibre to the estate although it is not super fast broadband 

thanks 

The road has to be adopted by the local authority. Also there is usually an embargo in place that stops anyone digging up the roads that lasts several years after estates are built.

BT has an obligation to provide services, so this will have been done prior to the roads/paths being laid. 

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos