cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable box broken for over 5 years

90210red
Tuning in

The cable box located at 151 Hither green lane se13 6qf has been broken for over 5 years now . Has been reported to the virgin media numerous times has been reported to the cable doctor again numerous times , reported to the local MP who sent me back to virgin media … all hopeless why can’t they fix it … it’s n eye sore 

12 REPLIES 12

Lisa_CC
Thanks for reporting the cabinet to us @90210red and we've passed the details onto our Cabinet Team so it be investigated.

Cheers,

Lisa

Hi 
do you know when this will be investigated ? 
many thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@90210red wrote:

Hi 
do you know when this will be investigated ? 
many thanks

I think you probably already know to set your expectations quite low.

Google street view does, however, have an impressive 12 captures of the location showing the gradual decline of this cabinet and the failure to repair it.

From June 2008 to April 2018 the cabinet looks generally healthy and even gets a new coat of paint, changing from green to grey in colour.

In April 2019 the right hand door is off and resting inside the open cabinet front.

By September 2020 the right hand door is missing entirely but a barrier has now been placed across the front of the open cabinet.

Presumably in September 2021 the condition remains the same, or worse.

Oh dear, VM! 2 ½+ years and counting to repair a door on a cabinet? Really? The OP's frustration is certainly understandable.

90210red
Tuning in

What’s happening , this has been logged for over 2 weeks … is this a tale of two cities … if this were Hampstead the box would have been restored … When can I expect to receive a reply ???? 

I'm sorry for the delay and I've asked our Cabinet Team about this who has chased our partner again to take a look at the cabinet. Appreciate your patience with us on this and whilst we cannot advise on an estimated date/time, we hope that it will be soon.

Warm Regards,

Lisa

Royalman
On our wavelength

This is my understanding of the rules. VM as a Utility has the right to install their cabinets without the normal constraints you or I would face if we wanted to put a big green or grey box on a footpath. But with that right comes obligations. One of which is an obligation to maintain their apparatus (e.g. covers and cabinets). If they haven’t you can contact your local authority and ask them to serve VM a Section 81 Notice under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.

A8D36B8A-2A4F-4AF7-A8B2-A72ADCD57DEB.jpeg

E2060C5F-4D1F-4389-8C81-E3002881AD76.jpeg

Why isn’t this fixed yet ? It is devaluing the property if this were located in Hampstead it would have been resolved already is this an ism ? Classism or racism I’m beginning to wonder ?