Menu
Kev50102
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable Removal

Hi

I am no longer a virgin media customer and i have an old telewest box on a wall which is soon to be demolished. This box is one of 3 in the house. How do I go about removing the box and cabling to allow my builders to progress with the work. I understand that removing it myself comes with the risk of affecting neighbours supply’s 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable Removal

Hello

Only virginmedia will be able to remove cable and that may be a cost of 99 pounds to do this.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

not sure where the poster above is getting his info - its wrong

there is no cost to remove a cable - unless there is a health and safety issue you will struggle to get VM to do anything - whilst not ideal as as you say it can affect others the advice on here from VM in the past has been that if its a problem to you as a non VM customer then you can remove the cable yourself

wait for VM to get to the thread - they may be able to help but its never easy to get this sort of thing sorted

to be clear the £99 charge is for a non fault call out from a VM customer 

Tony
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the box is on an INTERNAL one on an internal wall, as I think you are implying, then all you need do is disconnect the cable feeding this at the outside omni-box & fit a terminator cap. You can do as you wish with what you have then isolated from the network.

VM won't touch anything unless its a safety issue. The external cable to your omni-box is classed the same as your electric or gas service main & VM will not remove it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos