cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken external brown box

AlyHarper59
Tuning in

My external box which is an old brown NTL one and has been there for years is broken and some of the cables and a small metal tag are exposed.  I’m wondering if this is causing some if the intermittent problems we’re having with our connection which is not good when working from home.  How can I go about getting this fixed?  When I type this into the Help questions on VM the only options it comes up with refer to inside boxes.  Very frustrating.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AlyHarper59, thanks for your post - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to hear about the state of your external cover. In case this is something you still need help with now I'l get in touch via PM to confirm the details please get back to me from there if needed.

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Treat it like any other service fault. Give VM a call on 150 or wait here for a forum team member to respond (may be several days).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.  If only I could get through on the phone!  Will keep trying though.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AlyHarper59, thanks for your post - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to hear about the state of your external cover. In case this is something you still need help with now I'l get in touch via PM to confirm the details please get back to me from there if needed.

Tom 

Hi Tom, the cover of the brown connector box on the front of my house is also broken. I have tried phoning through the automated system but I'm not able to get to a point to report this issue. Could you PM me to organise a replacement?

Hi 

I also have a broken external brown box with exposed wires, how do I get someone out to fix this? I can't get through on the phone.

Thanks

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

I know, it’s a nightmare trying to get through to speak with someone.  I think this forum is the easiest way to make contact with an agent as usually someone will pick it up within a few days and you can then chat with them and hopefully they will arrange for someone to come out and fix it.  I had other problems recently where I needed help and found if you phoned early in the morning  about 8.30 am you could sometimes get through to someone in the UK fairly quickly.

Benj1m
Joining in

the cover is missing off my box are these able to be replaced by an engineer??