Menu
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 11 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Avoid virgin media

I went from a TalkTalk Business connection with prioritised packets on their network to VIVID350 and have noticed absolutely no difference in any game I play competitive or otherwise, that includes competitive first person shooters, the things that would be most affected by latency related issues.

Your results are not indicative of the quality of the overall service for other people, the same applies to other people with positive experiences too. But if the issues were anywhere near as widespread and deep lying as some people try and make out the forums would be a lot noisier than they are.
0 Kudos
Lee2
Dialled in
Message 12 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I did my research bro when finding the best isp for gaming. Virgin are the worst for packet loss and jitter 

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 13 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I'll have to go and tell that to my 0% packet loss then, make sure it's aware of this fact.
0 Kudos
Lee2
Dialled in
Message 14 of 42
Flag for a moderator

It's facts bro don't just take my word for it lol tbh i i couldnt care less about Ur connection , all I care about is mine 

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 15 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Your connection doesn't make the entire ISP the worst though, yet here you are 'warning' everyone about Virgin Media, sure it's on a forum people usually only visit after joining the ISP, but oh well.
0 Kudos
Joseph90
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Why are people surprised that virgin are bad? Just look at the name of the company

0 Kudos
Joseph90
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Dream of cheese stop arguing bro there's loads of people having the same issues as him, I was when I was with virgin. Bt are just a better overall ISP, so is sky. Don't take my word for it, just research it

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 18 of 42
Flag for a moderator

There are loads of people on every ISP having issues, you cannot just look up issues to confirm a theory that the ISP is nothing but issues. That's just confirmation bias.

If you go to the forums over at ispreview or Think Broadband you'll quite often see threads from people asking for advice on issues of their sync speeds dropping by double digits randomly or noise issues with VDSL connections (which affects BT, Sky, TalkTalk and any other ISP offering services over the Openreach network.)

No ISP is perfect, all ISPs have customers who face problems. If you have a VDSL connection and a DOCSIS connection and both are working properly you'll see no difference in gaming performance.
chenks
Community elder
Message 19 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@Lee2 wrote:

Enjoy life in the slow lane? Since when was a 100mbps connection slow?

which BT product is providing you with 100Mbps (it's not mbps).

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 20 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I have had no Gaming issues with VM.

In the house we have PCs, PS4Pro, and an Xbox. Never have LAG, and no Dropped connections.
But then again, I only use VM SH3 in modem mode, with my own router.

Myself and Step son, both can be on the same PC server on PUGB, and its works well.
When I am on BF, I have seen my latency to be better or as good as anyone else on the sever.

The PS4Pro and Xbox, also have no dropped connections.

I work in IT, and so hear so many of our users complain about there BT connections. So I am glad I don't have BT.
Funny that 8 out of 10 in our IT dept. have VM. All on different speeds. All works.

PS Don't let the VM door hit you on the way out.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos