Menu
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 21 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Avoid virgin media

I'll bet the OP's problems are entirely down to a poor WiFi setup. 

If those speeds were with a proper wired connection (always recommended for gaming) there would be a major problem with the network and it would have been fixed long ago.

His connection is probably a genuine 350 just like his Dad is paying for, but VM can't help how he mis/uses it.

Let him go and use his childish language on BT. 

Message 22 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Can we keep the conversation in here friendly please? Personal insults towards users are not welcome.

Thank you,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 23 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@Lee2 wrote:

Of course there's always going to be idiots like you doing your best trying to defend virgin 

but you was expecting that or what was you expecting in way of defending VM?

BT likely has some saying "Avoid BT" so its one hit after the other.

0 Kudos
gizmo2155
Joining in
Message 24 of 42
Flag for a moderator

to-jamesof merton

I havent yet looked at all replies yet so I expect you have had many such replies to your comment but I just wanted to add mine.

I joined Virgin at the beginning of August 2019 and to date I think I have had maybe 10 days of acceptable service.

I have a 40 page case file running with over 70 supporting documents which was raised on 09/10/2019 and to date not a single reply from Virgin.

My internet has been completely down now for 4 days straight and the only answer I get from customer services is " there is an issue in your area, our engineers are working on it and should be up again any minute"

Like I say, that 'any minute' (or 30 minutes as it says when you rune the online test) has now lasted 4 days straight.

The days I do have a connection I would be as well not having one as the download speeds are in the range of 0.001Mbps to 0.50Mbps.

I am full happy to share any of the documented evidence I have with anyone that wants to see.

So I am fully backing the op regarding not getting the sppeds or even the service you pay for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenks
Community elder
Message 25 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@gizmo2155 wrote:

So I am fully backing the op regarding not getting the sppeds or even the service you pay for.

anybody, yourself included, in that situation should simply cancel and take their business elsewhere.
it ain't rocket science.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gizmo2155, 

I am terribly sorry that you've been having these ongoing issues with your services, I can imagine how frustrating that must be. 

From the information you've given on your profile I can also see that you've made a formal complaint which is with the right team and will be giving you a call back soon to discuss your complaint. 

I truly hope you get this sorted soon, the resolutions team will try to help as much as possible. 

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 27 of 42
Flag for a moderator

If VM fails to deliver the minimum guaranteed download speed for three days during a 30-day period you can cancel with penalty.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-speed-policy 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 28 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

If VM fails to deliver the minimum guaranteed download speed for three days during a 30-day period you can cancel without penalty.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-speed-policy 

FTFY 😀

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
gizmo2155
Joining in
Message 29 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Finally had an engineer sent out today.
He tried the original router-- No internet.
He then fitted a new router-- No internet.
He then removed the attenuator from the back of the router (he said) and within seconds everything was running as it should so he reckons it was faulty and that has been the cause of the issues.
I have had this complaint running for almost 7 weeks now and if they had just sent out an engineer at the start instead of insisting it was an issue in the area this could all have been fixed weeks ago.
I still have my formal complaint mentioned by Megan running and still to date I have not had a single response.
So I am just waiting on the countdown of days now to escalate to CISAS.
I have already cancelled without penalty but feel I should still be compensated for the 6 weeks of downtime I have had.
0 Kudos
gizmo2155
Joining in
Message 30 of 42
Flag for a moderator

lol cancel and take business elsewhere!!!
You obviously know nothing about contracts.
Once you are locked in it is not that easy to get out.
I have now done so but had to wait until the issue had been going for a certain length of time otherwise I would have to pay some hefty early cancellation fees.
0 Kudos