Menu
Highlighted
Lee2
Dialled in
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Avoid virgin media

Anyone looking on here looking to switch to virgin, don't even bother, they are utter trash.paying for speeds you don't even get, dreadful customer service that don't even know what they're doing all they do is when u complain they either hangup or try to get more money out you, nothing but lag in online games. Getting my bt fibre installed on Wednesday I'm literally counting down the days until I can be free from this disgrace of a company.

Virgin media are nothing but cowboys 

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Avoid virgin media

Thank you for your information, gave me a lot of insight.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

'paying for speeds you don't even get....'

very few on here back up your argument. this forum would be in melt down

you sound like a troll/bt employee. lots of vague complaints but no proof of anything
0 Kudos
Lee2
Dialled in
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

You must not be able to read very well as there's loads of posts on here of similar issues so im not only one l. It's well known virgin are not the best isp. I'm speaking from my own experience with them and they are utter trash. Just thought I'd share to make people think twice about joining . Of course there's always going to be idiots like you doing your best trying to defend virgin 

0 Kudos
Lee2
Dialled in
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Oh and you think receiving 30mbps that go as low as 3-5 Mbps when I'm paying for a 350mbps connection is good service? 20% pocket loss and jitter that goes as high as 350ms 

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Loads of posts with issues on a forum for discussing issues, more research needs to be done to find out if there is some correlation here.

Whilst you may have had a negative experience, you can't speak as if that's how they are overall, my experience with VM has been completely different; initially I had 75% packet loss and an unusable connection but that was quickly fixed and since then I've had the maximum speeds at all times.
0 Kudos
Joseph90
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

i agree with everything Lee said. Virgin are awful. Poor speeds, faulty superhubs, and bad customer service. My experience with them was horrific. Switched to BT and never looked back. My gaming experience is flawless. Besides speed, virgin are the worst for packet loss and jitter

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@Lee2 wrote:

Anyone looking on here looking to switch to virgin, don't even bother, they are utter trash.paying for speeds you don't even get, dreadful customer service that don't even know what they're doing all they do is when u complain they either hangup or try to get more money out you, nothing but lag in online games. Getting my bt fibre installed on Wednesday I'm literally counting down the days until I can be free from this disgrace of a company.

Virgin media are nothing but cowboys 

Wow what a statement. No I don't work for VM.

VM works for a lot of customers, if it did not work for you. Maybe it was an area issue, or a user issue.

I for one am happy with VM. Yes they have the odd hiccup, but name me an ISP that is 100% reliable.

Going with BT are you, now that's a joke of a company, enjoy life is the SLOW lane.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Joseph90
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator

We both use out internet for gaming so your comment of enjoy life in the slow lane is obsolete. There is no difference between a 50mvps and a 350mbps connection. What matters most is reliability and I'm sorry to break it to you but BT is better than virgin in every category besides speed. Connection quality beats speed everytime. Speed means nothing in gaming

0 Kudos
Lee2
Dialled in
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Enjoy life in the slow lane? Since when was a 100mbps connection slow?

0 Kudos