Menu
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone know how full VM's network is?

I also now know why I'm seeing broadband outages.

-----

Virgin Media UK, bragging about the incredible increase from 300Mb to 350Mb, have the slowest cable broadband of any member of the Liberty Global family in Europe.

Slower than Virgin Media Ireland, Liberty Global Switzerland, Netherlands, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Belgium, Germany.

'We’ve always been proud of our network’s speed and for good reason.' - Anthony Vollmer, Executive Director for Connectivity at Virgin Media
Buffer6
Wise owl
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That's not really valid anymore. VM have retired that router in many sites and haven't used it for broadband for a while. They don't use that architecture either. They've moved away from I-CMTS to M-CMTS and CCAP.

Loads of resources on CCAP throughout, though the issue I have is at my optical node.

-----

Virgin Media UK, bragging about the incredible increase from 300Mb to 350Mb, have the slowest cable broadband of any member of the Liberty Global family in Europe.

Slower than Virgin Media Ireland, Liberty Global Switzerland, Netherlands, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Belgium, Germany.

'We’ve always been proud of our network’s speed and for good reason.' - Anthony Vollmer, Executive Director for Connectivity at Virgin Media
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Everybody now go out and buy a spectrum analyser!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yikes, those are expensive pieces of kit. I did it ghetto style and absolutely nothing being sent onto the VM network to disturb other customers Smiley Happy

-----

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Well-informed
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I analysed a Spectrum years ago and got an Acorn Electron instead (or rather me mum did).Smiley Very Happy

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes