Menu
Highlighted
umbrokhan
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Android Google is spying on us? Do you care about privacy?

Android Google is spying on us? 

Do you care about privacy?

Below is to protect Privacy if you really care.

Tor, Brave browser and Firefox are best for privacy.
use DuckDuckGo search engine, use VPN.
Use ios, iPhone for more privacy. (DuckDuckGo Recommends iOS over Android for More Privacy in Recent Reddit).

The reality is, it's very hard to escape. 

Google is now tracking you on 76% of websites, with Facebook lurking on about a quarter. The data they collect as you browse the web, combined with your search history, likes, and other information, leads to huge personal profiles that are used to target invasive ads at you across the Internet.

The most popular alternative to Android is of course iOS, which offers easy device encryption and encrypted messaging via iMessage by default. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android Google is spying on us? Do you care about privacy?

IOS more secure than android? Of course...Remember their state of the art encryption it took the Israelis 20 minutes to break?

All blackphones are based on IOS arent they? ...oh wait.

VPN is sod all use for privacy. ESPECIALLY the way most people have it set up. You do get that TOR was developed by the American government? And that a shed load of ropey sites using it have been caught by using a simple JS exploit?

Also watch Mr Robot. Exit nodes can sniff your traffic with impunity. Elliot owns the nodes... Smiley Wink

Rami Malek_02.jpg

Heres a hint. If it is in the public domain as "a great privacy tool", avoid at all costs if you ACTUALLY care about privacy.

Other than that, great advice.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

and i've ran a Tor exit node before and sniffed the traffic. All them pop passwords. webpages and photos from peoples private facebook profiles. its fun

umbrokhan
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

LOL OK

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No such thing as privacy in this day and age, unfortunately.  GDPR is too little too late (as mentioned elsewhere, as is similar legislation in California.

I thought I'd pop back having been away for a while and offer some loony thoughts here.  Whilst I was away I noticed that telemetry on Win10 sometimes pops up even if you have it switched off (have a look in task manager when you're running the very wobbly windows update).  If you like your "privacy" I suggest that you take a lump hammer to any gadget that can connect to the internet and smash them into tiny pieces.  That's only a start, though.

If you wander round your local supermarket they cop you on CCTV so they know what you look like, (and in such a case recently), my shoe size, the amount of toilet paper, what food I buy (HAH! - I got 'em there! - I don't eat everything I buy, carrots being an example) and having typed this reply you also know I don't like carrots.  Trivial nonsense (or is it?), it's what consumers do.  However, if you mine the data deeper, the weight of the food is also known, as is the colour of the shoes I bought. 

The colour of the carrots was orange, but you can get purple ones (their original colour, the Dutch bred them to be orange).  I also bought a soldering iron.  This is enough information to work out which supermarket I shop at; however it doesn't stop there, if you cross reference it with other posts, in time you would be able to work out roughly where I live, even though I haven't actually specified where I am.

You're also tracked by CCTV when you're out and about.  If you don't go out, the police may knock on your door as concerned neighbours may have called them.  We know the gadgets spy on us and we let them do it.  It's the things that are innocuous you need to worry about.  Just by walking about, you're leaking huge amounts of data...

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos