cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analogue ariel cable

Lorraine1231
Just joined

I currently have a virgin 360 box which I no longer want to pay for.  I want broadband only.  When they take away the box will I still be left with a coaxial cable to plug in to my tv or will that be disconnected

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lorraine1231 

VM feed the live TV signal down the coaxial cable. It if it isn't connected to a live VM account and VM TV set top box then you won't receive a signal.

For terrestrial TV you need to be connected to an aerial, either indoor or outdoor.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lorraine1231 wrote:

I currently have a virgin 360 box which I no longer want to pay for.  I want broadband only.  When they take away the box will I still be left with a coaxial cable to plug in to my tv or will that be disconnected

All VMs TV channels are encrypted, including all BBC & ITV services. These can only be decoded by a VM TV box & subscription. You will need to invest in a rooftop aerial if you want free TV.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

There is a splitter fitted to the cable to get the 360 and hub connected, so if you return the 360 it's best for a tech to replace the splitter with a connector.

As for broadband: VM's not the cheapest for broadband-only customers and I always recommend looking for alternatives (unless you want a Stream box).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection