Menu
MikeR371
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime doesn't load up

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to ask but I'll give it a go.

I have a Samung TV. When I go to the apps and select "Prime Video" I immediately get "amazon" on the screen as if it's loading up but then nothing happens. It just sits there like that.

I've tried rebooting the v6 box and my wifi but this does't make a difference. Netflix and NowTV load up fine. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime doesn't load up

Is the app running on your Samsung TV or the V6 box?  I wasn't aware that VM had started rolling out the Prime app to the V6 boxes yet.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
MikeR371
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Erm, I think it must be on the TV then. I access the icon via the Samsung remote control not the Virgin one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MikeR371 wrote:

Erm, I think it must be on the TV then. I access the icon via the Samsung remote control not the Virgin one.

OK, not a V6 issue so I have moved your post out of the V6 section (apologies if you got a few email alerts during the move).

I have just tested the Prime app on my Samsung TV and it loads up OK so not an obvious issue with VM's routing, an Amazon outage or an issue with the Samsung version of the Prime app as far as I can tell.

If other apps work on the TV then it doesn't sound like a broadband issue as that should impact all streaming apps.

Have you tried accessing Prime through any other device?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Found this Amazon help link that might help:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201712230

Have you checked your TV firmware is up to date?

Use Kudos to say thanks

MikeR371
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok I've got this sorted now.

I found some option to reset all the apps or the Samsung hub or something. I've got to sign back in to everything now but I've done it with Amazon and it's working.

Thanks for your help.Smiley Happy

Tags (4)
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the Prime app on your TV had corrupted data, preventing it from launching properly.

Glad to hear a reset has sorted it for you.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos