Tech Chatter
For all digital device, tablet, computer and tech talk.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What was your first computer?

I recently reminisced about my first computer, an Amiga 600 in the mid-90s. I'm sure you've all had some weird and wonderful systems over the years, but what was the first? What was good (or not so good) about it? Personally I loved playing Settlers ...

Kev_B by Community Manager (Retired)
  • 124 replies
  • 4 kudos

Hub 5 Firmware Upgrade

Had a Firmware upgrade pushed out this morning at 00:17  Service was resumed about 6 minutes later according to my Router emails.Now at LG-RDK_7.6.15-2306.5No idea what the changes are however as I use modem mode.

Adduxi by Very Insightful Person
  • 126 replies
  • 1 kudos

Extension Cable for Relocation

Hi all,This seems to have been asked previously so as far as I can see, when i want to move my Hub and router to the other side of the room, Virgin can supply a 3m extension at no cost, or have a longer one with an engineer visit.Does anyone know if ...

Anyone with a Starlink Account

HelloSo I have a new Starlink for our motorhome and I cannot log into my account to manage it via my Virgin Internet connectionI have a Hub5+ and the only way I can sign in is to disable the 5+ firewall.With the firewall on I get this reply at the lo...

schphase by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! TV: Where's it going?

I ditched VM TV many moons ago and use Freeview via a rooftop aerial and a vintage Humax box plus apps (BBC, Now, Disney) on my 6 year old smart TV.I admit to being behind the curve on where TV is going. My decade old aerial seems a bit knackered as ...

Resolved! Update your browser!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Why-you-need-to-update-your-Browser/ba-p/3529827 https://www.theregister.com/2021/02/05/chrome_zero_day_update/ A zero day threat has been discovered on Chromium based browsers (Edge, Chrome etc).  Go...

Static IP Address

I am in need of two static addresses one for my PC and one for my NAS in order to take advantage of Wake-on-LAN (WoL). From what I can see this is impossible to set up with the Virgin Media Hub so am I right in thinking the only way of doing this is ...

Pitrevie by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scam call from Virginmedia Coventry.

This morning had a call claiming someone was trying to get £300 and £1000 from my Bank account, not mentioning the Bank. Did a 1471 to get phone number, that gave me 02476 7234xx, did a who called me - said it was virginmedia Coventry. Then decided t...

Pete-C by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Coaxial cable lifespan

Does anyone know what the anticipated lifespan is of VM's buried coaxial cabling?I am aware that a long term project has begun to upgrade the cabling by 2028 but some of the legacy cabling will already be decades old. For example the relevant manhole...

What was your first computer?

I recently reminisced about my first computer, an Amiga 600 in the mid-90s. I'm sure you've all had some weird and wonderful systems over the years, but what was the first? What was good (or not so good) about it? Personally I loved playing Settlers ...

Kev_B by Community Manager (Retired)
  • 124 replies
  • 4 kudos