cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem with Wix all of a sudden.

soxer123
On our wavelength

On the surface, this wouldn't appear to be a Virgin Media problem, but Wix don't seem to know much about their own service and suggested I make contact.

I've been editing and updating weekly a website on Wix for some years now.  This past two weeks, I have been able to log in to the account, but not able to open any web page on their server to access any of the tools for my weekly update.

I usually used Chrome, but I've tried MS Edge and Opera and I get the same.

I've cleared caches, rebooted the laptop more times than I care for and all I get is a blank page and the timer spinning round on the tab.

Wix have suggested asking VIrgin to ensure their domain is on a whitelist. Does this make sense?

I saw someone else has posted about having a Wix site blocked.  That isn't the case for me. I can access the published website in any browser, I just can;t do any updates.

I really would like to get some input on why this should be?  All other sites I visit are loading OK.  Really would appreciate some options on this.

Thanks in anticipation.  Keith.

2 REPLIES 2

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I doubt it's anything to do with virgins whitelist but let's take it out of the equation, you'll need to change to Google dns on your pc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-spee...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

soxer123
On our wavelength

Thank you, I will take a look later.  KP