Menu
MasterofArts
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

3rd Party Router recommendations

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy weekend to you all.

Whilst I Refresh the hardware & preferred suppliers of my business environment, I am thinking of doing the same for the setup I use for streaming & gaming via VM.

I am currently using a Netgear R7800 with a Hub 2ac in modem mode as I am not a fan at all of both puma 4 & 5 chipsets plus I like to have the choice in what DNS servers I am using.

So regarding 3rd party routers what are your suggestions? Preference goes to those with good development support & Qualcomm chipsets.

Please keep the post on topic, I understand at the time of posting you may see a noisy line to the left on my think broadband monitor, this was because I was decorating and relocating the router with a combination of speedcheck spikes & loose connection... Which is now resolved  and fizzing out 😎👍

Your thoughts and input on a new router is appreciated and my budget for this project is say £300 max as it's it's only a gaming & streaming line

Thanks in advance.

May the force be with you,

MOA.

Local heart throb to anything technical.
Using a HUB 2ac in modem mode, Netgear R7800 Router with the DNS on cloudflare's, Netgear switch & NAS
image host
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3rd Party Router recommendations

i just bought the Asus RT-AX88U (AX6000).
it's within your budget, supports WiFi-6, and with the merlin software is highly customisable (as are most of the current asus routers with merlin).

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

MasterofArts
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I like Asus....... Whilst I also patiently wait on their Zenbo robot, if it ever comes to the UK.

I actually considered a model of theirs back in 2016 when I got the R7800...

Can't remember for the life of me which 1 👍

MOA.

Using a HUB 2ac in modem mode, Netgear R7800 Router with the DNS on cloudflare's, Netgear switch & NAS
image host
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
MasterofArts
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Legacy1 😎👍

MOA.

image host
0 Kudos