Menu
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

why is tv on the go so bad

just like yesterday I have had more problems with tv on the go which means that I am now reduced to having to watch highlights shows (MOTD2 & Sportscene) as you wont let me live stream the  football on sky sports or BT sport. if you cannot provide a service that works reliably you should not provide it at all! looks like its back to recording and making time to watch later, which isn't always that convenient. can I have this rubbish removed from my package? I 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is tv on the go so bad

Hi petersladdie,

I am really sorry to hear you had these issues, Are these still ongoing or have they improved?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

joe, thank you

I am still having problems with livestreaming sky sports on my laptop. I even texted sky customer services but all they said was to contact virgin. but I had already spent two days on the phone with 2nd line support and after a lot of faffing about and not finding the answer they want me to sign up to gadget rescue, which I am not prepared to do. I have concluded that the sky sports player app is not compatible with my laptop and I will just have to use the record button instead. 

on a more positive note; I downloaded the virgin tv go app from the Microsoft store and over the last two days I have been able to livestream BT sport on that with no errors. maybe if sky sports made their player app available through the Microsoft store that would help as when I download the sky sports player app from the sky sports website I get a warning from Microsoft about the app not being from the store with the option to "download it anyway". it is just so frustrating that no-one, not even google, knows what error code 9998 means and what to do to resolve it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What are the specs for your laptop, also what browser do you use to stream? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lenovo Ideapad 310. windows 10. edge and IE
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to try a different browser for me?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Joe. I have already tried two different browsers. I can live without it. Please close this thread as I am fed up with it all. Like I said before, I have already spent 2 days on the phone about it and tried everything except pay for gadget rescue. I don't need to watch so much sport and I am sure I will get over my FOMO
0 Kudos