cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin tv go programs blocked due to copyright

jayfo90
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me here, I've been watching The Blacklist on my TV 360 box and using the virgin tv go app on my Samsung with no problems.

A couple of days ago I started getting this error message "this program is blocked on your device due to copyright restrictions" on the tv go app

I can still watch on my TV 360 box with no problems which I find really strange. so far ive cleared the cache and I am running the latest version of android aswell.

has anyone got a solution to this??

thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

Glassdome
Joining in

This is ridiculous - half the programmes I want to watch on my iPad in my own house now seem to be blocked due to this copyright error, or I get an error stating that streaming is in home streaming is not permitted.  I am really thinking Virgin is just not worth the money any more.  It’s almost as if the company is going out of its way to annoy customers and turn them off of their services.  It started with why on earth have two apps - one to watch tv, or to set up tv recording and access streaming.  Then half of it does not work or access is blocked.  £105 a month for all this nonsense is ridiculous.  Netflix, prime, etc will make virgin obsolete in the next 10 years, if not sooner.  If Virgin doesn’t sort out these issues soon, I will be downgrading to just fibre and removing the TV packages. 

Hi @Glassdome,

Thank you for your post. I am so sorry to hear that you're having this issue accessing and viewing some recorded content via the TV Go app.

Are you also getting this issue if you watch directly via the TV box instead?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!