cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin tv go on windows 11

keyworthowl
Dialled in

I have just registered my new windows 11 laptop for virgin tv go. I find that I can only play live tv, and when I sign in to Sky Sports, I am told that my device is not registered,even though it is. Also, I cannot play Sky Movies. I have the full package with Virgin 360

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
TV Go and Sky Sports have different device lists. So a device needs to be registered on both to work.

However Sky Cinema is included as part of TV Go, so if you can watch live TV on that, then that should include any subscribed Sky Cinema channels.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
TV Go and Sky Sports have different device lists. So a device needs to be registered on both to work.

However Sky Cinema is included as part of TV Go, so if you can watch live TV on that, then that should include any subscribed Sky Cinema channels.

Thank you for your advice. I thought that once you had registered your device, Sky Sports automatically was included in the registration process, but you had to access the service via the Sky Sports App. I have tried that, and downloaded the player, but it still says I have to delete a device to add the new one. I have deleted my old laptop and registered my new one. This has worked for the rest, including the movies which I can now watch. Unfortunately, Sky Sports still will not play.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go here http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices using a Private browsing session on your Web browser and check what Sky devices you have registered.

Make sure the Web address stays as http

I have now managed to sort it.

Thank you very much