cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv go app not allowing streaming

MB68
Joining in

I have a tivo box which was connected to our wifi but i was having problems where it wouldnt allow me to stream recorded programmes on the tv control app if tivo connected to 5ghz wifi and ipad or phone connected to 2.4ghz it said out of home streaming not allowed. 

To try and improve the connection to our tivo box i have now connected it to our hub via a tp-link powerline which connects great & improved reliability of connection, but i now cant get the tv control app to stream, its connecting to the box but keeps saying out of home streaming not allowed, yet they are all connected to the same hub via either ethernet or wifi.

For some reason the app doesnt seem to recognise the different wifi channels or wifi and ethernet connections as being in the same house.

Does anyone now how to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MB68  To make sure you pick this post up, since I moved it to the wrong place initially...

Firstly the TiVo doesn't have WiFi so I'm presuming you have a V6. You can check here if you're not sure - both boxes run the same software but are very different hardware-wise.

You need to check that the V6 and your mobile device are on the same subnet first. In other words, 192.168.0.xyz - the two devices will have different values in "xyz" but the rest needs to be the same.

On the V6 it's easy to check - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right for your IP address. To check your mobile device, you'll probably have to login to your router and check the IP allocation against each of your "connected devices". I use my SH in modem mode with my own router, so won't even attempt to advise where you'd find this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks yes it is a V6 box, looking at the connected devices on the hub everything shows as having the same start of the ip address 192.168.0....

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's the obvious flaw covered.

If you load TV Control, Settings > Streaming & Downloading > Start Setup. Follow this through Any change?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks