Menu
kirwantd
Just joined
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

tv GO not working as usual

I cannot watch any channels, is there an issue this evening? I get a message saying "sorry - our system's gone a bit wrong, so we can't show related content at the moment. Try again in a few minutes' well I have been trying for over 1/2 and hour..what the hell am I paying for here?

0 Kudos
jhactually
Dialled in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv GO stops working every night

Just recently it seems like TV Go is getting turned off every night after midnight. The guide no longer loads on Firefox with 

400 - Bad Request

and the Windows App says 'Service not available'

Very annoying - if it is planned outages then we should be able to see this no the service status page. If not, what is it?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Tonight, the whole VM website is down, not just the TV Anywhere pages.

But, every night without fail, usually at 2.16am or 2.24am, the whole service goes down for 10 - 20 minutes, with the gereric "Error" message. During this time, the TV Guide is empty & no on demand content shows either. It is quite capable of doing this at any time (late nights is currently the only time of day I have the chance to watch TV so it could, and probably is happening all day too without me noticing), but a full outage at either 2.16am or 2.24am every day without fail is a certainty.

I only ever "watch" it late at night. But of course I don't really watch it. I choose something to watch & the service inevitably fails before the end of the programme that I wanted to watch & I head over to iPlayer, which of course, never lets me down. TV Go on the other hand is blighted with the same glitches & terrible implementation that TV Anywhere had. If anything the picture quality is even worse, channels are frequently streamed out of audio sync for weeks at a time, and some of TV Anywhere's useful functionality has actually been stripped away. The less said about the Windows app the better. And the long-term inability to support the most popular browsers when you bragged for so long that they would be supported is I guess what we should have learned to expect from VM by now.

They didn't get TV Anywhere working properly in 6 years & I sense we could all be 6 feet under before Virgin Media even understands all the issues with TV Go, let alone does anything about it.

I guess that the marketing team that came up with this "evolving" nonsense must be the same geniuses that called TV Anywhere "TV Anywhere" when it was nothing of the sort. Ironically it's more "anywhere" now than it used to be but is called something else now. Still doesn't work though.

*slow hand-clap*

jhactually
Dialled in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

totally agree with you!

Mine goes down at 12.30 (like just now) or 2.30am.  Funny that isn't it - just like clockwork and  it's not working AGAIN

This is just rubbish - you'd almost think these were planned outages. Here I am yet again, halfway through really interesting program then nothing, no website, no program.

Please at least give us an explanation?

Not so much Virgin Go as Virgin Gone.

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So, what's on TV Go tonight? Ah, the same as usual!

Keep up the good work!

TV No.PNGVirgin's evolving "TV NO"

jhactually
Dialled in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I wonder what time it will go down tonight? I think sometimes if you're already on a stream then it continues, but as soon as you click on anything - poof! It's gone.

I think 12.15 tonight....I wonder which part of the system they'll  work on next? Re-introducing pause and ability to go back a bit on live TV (yes, we used to have this....when it worked)? Or maybe they'll introduce some PROPER HD streams? OR on demand that just works? Not what we have which is 'full' series with only half the episodes or a crucial missing episode.

I signed up for a trail of another internet tv service so I don't have to lose out when Virgin keep switching me off - let's hope I don't like it too much or I'll be leaving Virgin. There are now competing cable providers - one in my area is FFTP - might have to check that out too.

I don't understand why Virgin can't see that not communicating with their users is the WORST policy.

jhactually
Dialled in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Really enjoying the total lack of TV Go today.....what now?

0 Kudos
tonyworks
Superfast
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@jhactuallywrote:

Really enjoying the total lack of TV Go today.....what now?

I enjoy the total lack of response from VM.

Can someone from VM please comment.

You sell your system tell us that we can use virgin go on our tablets...NOT

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Working fine here on iPad.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Working fine here on iPad.

A response that completely ignores the topic; one the VM web team themselves would be proud of.

0 Kudos