cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky go blurry sky sports

JatBains
On our wavelength

Im experiencing blurriness and pixelating on sky go app. ive tried updating drivers as well on windows 10. Im using an i7 9th gen laptop with 16gb ram, anyone got tips or advice to fix this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_C1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It's worth a try as wired is always better than wifi but with other apps streaming correctly it sounds more like a problem with the app. It may be a known fault on the Sky Go app but you wouldn't find support for that here. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Lee_C1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

Have you checked your internet speed is ok and that the settings on the app are correct. You would need to check your display settings are set to the highest quality.

Lee

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

JatBains
On our wavelength

Display settings are set to max as its using nvidia 1650 graphics not intel uhd 630 but when i stream the content on sky go my speed goes to 50mbps and my virgin speed is 100mbps

Lee_C1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Are your other streaming services working correctly. Try YouTube and see if you are watching in HD. Also try on another device like a mobile or tablet to rule out an issue on your main device.

JatBains
On our wavelength
yes the other devices are perfect, amazon runs in 4k perfectly and youtube is fine

JatBains
On our wavelength
it buffers every few minutes and sound is fine

Lee_C1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It sounds like an issue with the app itself. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Log back in and give it another try. After that there isn't much we can do as it is a third party app. There may be support for the app on the Sky forums. 

I hope you get it sorted.

Lee

JatBains
On our wavelength
do you think using an ethernet wired connection will help?

Lee_C1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It's worth a try as wired is always better than wifi but with other apps streaming correctly it sounds more like a problem with the app. It may be a known fault on the Sky Go app but you wouldn't find support for that here.