cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same device registered

tmac456
Tuning in

Virgin TV Go app says I have reached the device limits and I am therefore unable to use the app until next month. It appears I have the same computer device registered 4 times. Why does the same computer register as a new device each time i access the app? The 1 other slot is on my android device and works fine everytime, but not much good to watch football.  Please could you reset all my registered devices so I can use the app again? Using latest version Win !0 64 bit PC, happens on any browser as has been going on so long have tried many different browsers over the last few months, any chance this will be fixed soon. Please do not tell me not to clean my PC cookies as have sensitive work info and would not feel safe in doing this.

24 REPLIES 24

Ok, in answerto  this response re manually saving cookies and cache as nice as I can, I have no idea how to do this as have no PC training, nor do I wish to learn, I do have Prime video, as am sure do others  who allow me to play content by simply entering my details. As to both security and just overall filling my pc with stuff which is not needed except when I am looking to use the service, this does not sound like an ideal solution. I like to keep the pc clean from all useless junk which is gathered as far as i know, through cookies and cache. This chat is full of people asking the same thing, let us use the service we all pay for, it all worked absolutely fine on win 10 before you disbanded the App and has been a total nightmare to use since. Can anyone tell us why this is still happening after all this time?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @tmac456. I've reset the registered devices now, please bear in mind the advice offered above regarding cache/cookies and incognito mode as well and hopefully you won't have any more issues going forwards.

Tom 

Hi, can I please have my devices reset again, am now down to my last change and have again only used on the pc, this really is annoying, look forward to your reply, thanks

Hi tmac456,

Thank you for your post. We can certainly look to reset this for you. 

I will private message you to confirm some details. 

^Martin

Thank you for speaking with me over Private Message. 

I'm glad we were able to reset this for you.

^Martin