cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same device registered

tmac456
Tuning in

Virgin TV Go app says I have reached the device limits and I am therefore unable to use the app until next month. It appears I have the same computer device registered 4 times. Why does the same computer register as a new device each time i access the app? The 1 other slot is on my android device and works fine everytime, but not much good to watch football.  Please could you reset all my registered devices so I can use the app again? Using latest version Win !0 64 bit PC, happens on any browser as has been going on so long have tried many different browsers over the last few months, any chance this will be fixed soon. Please do not tell me not to clean my PC cookies as have sensitive work info and would not feel safe in doing this.

24 REPLIES 24

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tmac456

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with TV go,  I know it can be a pain sometimes. 

So it registers the same device if you don't close one browser down that you were using. It also registers the same device if you have used multiple web browsers on the same device, so will pick up the different web browsers even if it's on the same device. 

You can delete these and mange this by heading over to your account, then device management and it gives you the option to remove them.

If you want us to do it for you though, please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

yes I need the devices re set, not fully understanding when you say I can remove devices, has never been an option, In a month we can replace a device a limited number of times, in most cases the same blooming device but lets not confuse things any more. Simple fact since win 10 app removed the programme has been a total pain for everyone as you can see if you read through the chats, so I need the device registered to be set back to zero please and I will do my best to ensure I do not use this programme I pay for every month no more than 5 times in a month, no personal offence meant but really find this whole situation being allowed to continue a bad joke

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tmac456,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the inconvenience with the device usage on TV Go. I appreciate it is not an easy process and will continue to pass on feedback.

I've located your account using the information used to register for forums and reset the devices for you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you Molly and lets all hope someone in the head office takes this whole saga seriously and puts it to bed real soon

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem @tmac456 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team

Hi, I am back to only one device can be added, even though 3 of the 4 being used are on the same PC again. Am trying very hard to find out the date our changes are reset as I know once I use up this last place I can no longer change devices. Question is are all devices reset on one date like the first of the month and if not, how do I find out when mine change. Can I also ask as am here if my devices can be zeroed as would like to watch the upcoming football on my pc, thanks. I am using a windows 10 64 bit PC, usually on Firefox, thank you

Hi @tmac456,

Thanks for posting. You are able to make changes to your registered devices up to 3 times per month. 

I will be more than happy to help you reset these. 

Will pop you a PM so we can complete security and get this done. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paula55
On our wavelength

Ive been having same problem for a number of weeks with sky sports channels, i have been in private message with 2 people, one is on annul leave and god knows where the other one as gone, im still waiting for his reply, i am waiting for him to reset my devices yet again, keeps telling me i have registered all my devices when i have not, really is annoying when i keep having to come to these people on here to get it reset 

Hi, can I please have my devices reset again, am now down to my last change and have again only used on the pc, this really is annoying, look forward to your reply, thanks