cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording using virgintv go

Razz_221
On our wavelength

if I'm away and I need to record something using the Virgin tv go app it says my box is offline. This happens when I turn the tv off using the red button (top right) of my remote. It seems to turn the tv off AND also the 360 box, if I turn just my tv off using the top left 'TV' button, the tv seems to randomly turn itself on after a couple of hours, even if I'm not at home, or during the night!

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Does the TV still turn on randomly if you set one power to off in Settings.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Razz_221,

Welcome back, thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your TV go.

Can you please tell me how it is for you at the moment? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Razz_221
On our wavelength

Last night my tv came on 4/5 times on its own throughout the night! & also It won’t allow me to watch recordings from the second box downstairs! I’m sorry I upgraded from TiVo! 

Are both boxes set to fast start or active start and never powered off at the plug, may sound daft but has been known.

Try turning hdmi control off on your TV to stop the tv turning on.

Hi @Razz_221, thank you for getting back to us!

Sorry to hear of these issues with the box and TV GO. 

Were you able to try the steps suggested by @roy247? It would be good to know if this made a difference. 

I just have a few extra questions to help us diagnose the issue:

-Has this issue only been ongoing since upgrading your TV Boxes? 

-Do you have the same issue with the TV's powering on across both boxes? 

-Are you able to watch recordings set from the boxes via your TV GO? 

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for you. 

All the best. 

Molly

Razz_221
On our wavelength

I can watch tv from the tv go app but only if the boxes are ON, but when I press the red button on the remote, it turns off the tv & the box, then I’m unable to watch on the tv go app ( or from the box in the bedroom), & its the same downstairs, if the tv in my bedroom is OFF.  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Razz_221 wrote:

I can watch tv from the tv go app but only if the boxes are ON, but when I press the red button on the remote, it turns off the tv & the box

Pressing the white TV power button turns off the TV.
Pressing the red STB power button will turn the 360 on and off. However, if you have 'One Power' enabled on the 360 it will turn off both the TV and 360 STB.

To check or change your One Power options go to Settings > Audio & Video > One Power 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali