Menu
Robertos42
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I want to give my (grownup) son access to virgin tv via tv go.  I understood he could log on with his own email address and password.  However this does not seem possible.  How can it be done?  I don't want to give him my user name and password, as the primary has important and confidential emails on it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: log in to tv go with secondary email address

TV Anywhere used to allow secondary account access as this was how Parental Control was used. For TV Go a PIN is used instead.

So for TV Go (and the Sky apps) you can only use the primary My Virgin Media account, however the access is 'sticky' so once you're signed in, you remain so for a good while (can't immediately remember how long it's for but it's weeks rather than days).
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
c_smith
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: log in to tv go with secondary email address

I have the same issue.  What about Data Protection issues where account holders are having to give out their username and passwords to family members, giving them access to their account and their emails?  This wasn't an issue before where they could log in with a secondary email address and separate password, so it can't be hard to fix.  If my data is compromised, are Virgin going to take responsibility for this?  

0 Kudos