cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad plays some recordings silently.

spedwards
On our wavelength

I'm new to Virgin TV, but please bear with me.

On our new Virgin 360 box we have a number of recordings. We have two issues with the iPad TV Go app.  This post relates simly to the audio channel detection in the TVGo software.

After an initial frustrating period with only silent recordings on TV Go I started to record more and more copies of the same TV espisode and I have spotted a pattern of what works and what doesn't.

The issue is that some recordings always start to play silently.  After a while I discovered the Audio options menu and manual Channel 1 and Channel 2 selection.

The common thread of failure is that for all HD recordings their audio only appears on Channel 2.

All SD recordings have audio only on Channel 1.

Every time you press "play" the iPad TV Go app only selects Channel 1 - even if it is a silent channel. You have to force the app to use Channel 2.

If you then pause and resume playback the audio flips back to the silent Channel 1, and you have to force it back onto Channel 2 to hear the sound.

This is rather annoying!

Watching SD recordings works fine as the audio is where the app expected it to be found.

This same audio issue is NOT found on the Android app, which will automatically play HD or SD with normal sound behaviour.

Can we get in touch with the iPad TV Go developers and ask them to auto-detect which channel has no sound and ignore it? Just as the Android version already does.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi spedwards, 

Thanks for your post and for taking the time to leave your feedback. 

I have passed this over to a contact who works within the TV Go teams. If and when I hear anything back, I will let you know. 

For now, please continue to manually select the sound channel to ensure you are receiving the sound on the programmes you are watching. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

spedwards
On our wavelength
Thanks Kath_F

I'll next raise the connection bugs in another thread.

Thank you for your response @spedwards.

We will aim to get back to you once we hear back 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs