Menu
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS app now woefully slow to connect

Just tested the iOS app whilst in the office and it opened/loaded in around 5 seconds.... soooooo much better than before... 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 72 of 82
Flag for a moderator

@bolgerp wrote:

Just tested the iOS app whilst in the office and it opened/loaded in around 5 seconds.... soooooo much better than before... 

Do you mean your home office in your home where the V6 is?

0 Kudos
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 73 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Sorry.. should have been clearer... I meant I tested it from my office at work (nowhere near home). I accessed the app via 4G and it worked really quickly. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 74 of 82
Flag for a moderator

@bolgerp wrote:

Sorry.. should have been clearer... I meant I tested it from my office at work (nowhere near home). I accessed the app via 4G and it worked really quickly. 

That’s what I thought. That’s not a valid test. The slow connect was only while at home connected to the same network by WiFi as the V6. 

0 Kudos
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 75 of 82
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

@bolgerp wrote:

That’s what I thought. That’s not a valid test. The slow connect was only while at home connected to the same network by WiFi as the V6. 

Hmmm... not so sure about that.... my connection was always slow whether over wifi at home or out and about via 4G... I'll check it out though when I am home later on. 

0 Kudos
pauls_griff
On our wavelength
Message 76 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I am with Ernie C. The slow connect was only while at home connected to the same network by WiFi as the V6. 

JosLeach
Joining in
Message 77 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Latest update for iOS (v4.4) end Jan 2019 has fixed this for me. It took a while but thx for listening Virgin...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 78 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi JosLeach, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am glad to see things are looking better for you now. 

If you need any help in the future we will be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 79 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I finally tested this last night. Connected at home while on the same network as the V6 and it loaded up and connected to the V6 in 7 seconds.
0 Kudos
pauls_griff
On our wavelength
Message 80 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Well, it has now been 6 weeks since this issue was fixed on apple but still not on Android.  Also a totally lack of any information from Virgin.  At work, if I did not updated my customers over this length of time I would be sacked.  It is a terrible way to treat customers.

I do not believe you have zero information, unless of course you are doing nothing.  But assuming you are trying to fix this issue for Android users what has happened?

Is this ever going to be fixed?

Does anyone care?