Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 61 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS app now woefully slow to connect

@pauls_griff wrote:

I have an android phone and still not good .☹️

I would agree that the latest update doesn't appear to have changed anything on the android version.  Having said that the slow connection issue reported by Apple users has not been an issue for the android version of the app.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 62 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I haven't read through the whole thread, but as this was aimed at the iOS version of the app, Virgin Media may not have realised that it also affects the Android version.  There is also the problem that iOS and Android versions have to be developed separately.

@Kev_B   Could you take a look into the android app?

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 63 of 82
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68 

When I checked we were developing iOS & Android app updates to fix this issue.

@pauls_griff - have you updated the Android app recently? If not, could you check for an update?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

pauls_griff
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have updated. Yesterday evening. I was do excited to do this only for me to have the disappointment .

0 Kudos
jw1949
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Yes, much better now on IOS. I’m running version 4.4 (1215101). 

Thanks + well done VM. 

0 Kudos
timtunes
Tuning in
Message 66 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Yes, seems speedier Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
pauls_griff
On our wavelength
Message 67 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Now I have a bit of time.  I subscribed to this thread and I was genuinely excited when the message came through about the issue being solved.  I checked my Android phone and there was an update sitting there waiting for me.  Downloaded it.  As soon as I got home I tried it.

This is a public forum so I real cannot write what I was thinking when I found the app still takes over thirty seconds to connect.  I was devastated.  I uninstalled and installed the app again, turn the phone off and on all to the no avail.

Graham A - 'I would agree that the latest update doesn't appear to have changed anything on the android version.  Having said that the slow connection issue reported by Apple users has not been an issue for the android version of the app.'  On 9th Sept last year I listed the devices I had an issue with and one was Android.  So it has been reported.  Sorry for not being more precise.  Do I need to start a new thread titled 'Android app now woefully slow to connect?'  

Kev B  - any update????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 68 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I'd say stay here for the moment and we'll see what @Kev_B  says, he can always separate this out and change the title if necessary.

He's engaged the problem, at least.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 69 of 82
Flag for a moderator

@pauls_griff apologies that the app is still so slow to connect for you - I'll follow up to see if we have any more information about the Android version.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 70 of 82
Flag for a moderator

@pauls_griff I've had an update on this.

We're still working to fix this issue completely on Android devices, apologies for the inconvenience. I'll let you know once I hear more.

Kev