Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 51 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS app now woefully slow to connect

It's marked as solved because of the wording Virgin Media originally chose to ark the solution.

Essentially when a thread is solved people are supposed to click Mark as Helpful Answer in order to indicate the correct solution (not my idea, it was like this way before I joined :~)

Unfortunately people understandably do this for other reasons.  Whereas what they should normally do is click to add Kudos to a post instead.

I've flagged this to a mod and asked them to remove the Helpful answer tag - although the original poster can do this themselves by going to the post and clicking Unmark as helpful answer in the post options.

I do know that Kev_B has definitely reached out to people yesterday Kudos to @Ernie_C here as he's the one who's bought this up in the SU Forum for you guys.  However as for how long the fix will take, that's anybody's guess at this time.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

jw1949
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 79
Flag for a moderator

It's a record - I've just tried the TV Control app again and it connected in 37 seconds !!  A little bit faster than last time I tried but still totally unacceptable.

Having just read through the whole of this thread - think it started in July 2018, so it's only 6 months old - I am more than a tad horrified by the easy going attitude of VM staff to this kind of problem.  It is a major problem for all of us who like to use it regularly. 3 or 4 times a day represents 3 or 4 minutes of wasted time.  This is supposed to be a key part of VM's offering - I pay in excess of £100 per month for services from VM.  What reaction should I expect if I call Customer Services and ask for a partial refund on this for each of the last 6 months.

It now seems to have been acknowledged and may even be being addressed, but no idea of a timescale for a fix or even a next response.  Could VM perhaps commit to giving us a weekly update on progress on this item and an indication when their testing of a fix has started ?

PaulNickson
Tuning in
Message 53 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyone who can give us a timescale as to when this issue will be resolved/software updated?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 54 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media are woefully poor at communicating such timescales.  In some cases I don't blame them.  Unknown issues can delay deployment of a fix and some people often incorrectly see Estimated dates as a promise of having something solved by that date, when in fact it's not.

I will see if  @Kev_B can ask if there is any more information forthcoming - but I personally wouldn't hold my breath here waiting for an answer Smiley Sad

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
bradsweb
On our wavelength
Message 55 of 79
Flag for a moderator

I note that Ernie C back on 9th September had posted:-

This slow connection was a direct result of RC20 firmware on V6. There must have been some change to how the Virgin TV Control app interacts with the V6 during the connection process.”

If that helps Virgin to find what went wrong and how?

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 56 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your patience on this everyone.

I'm checking for further updates, I'll let you know once I hear back.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bradsweb
On our wavelength
Message 57 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Yes, yes, yes!!!!  App update for TV Control downloaded from the App Store today.  Time to open the App now 7 (yes, SEVEN) seconds!!!  Excellent.

Thank you Virgin for listening and sorting!

👍👏😄

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 58 of 79
Flag for a moderator

I agree. Under 3 seconds to connect now. Even documented in the update information:

0DC33F78-8D2D-4CE2-9AE0-859D32F92B19.png

Thank you, @ModTeam .

0 Kudos
se1lad
Dialled in
Message 59 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Update does not work properly on my iPhone XS - all the channels show ‘To be announced’ and opening any channel shows the wrong upcoming shows!  Pretty in Pink is certainly not the show on BBC1 at 18.10!  Tried deleting and reinstalling the app and still get the same problem

86C3F1AC-11B4-46A2-B9C6-25933272701A.png

780464B9-A860-4B4D-A16B-417F236BFFD0.png

0 Kudos
pauls_griff
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 79
Flag for a moderator

I have an android phone and still not good .☹️

0 Kudos