Menu
NickJS
Settling in
Message 21 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS app now woefully slow to connect

I have been having the same problem for ages. Very slow on iPad with WiFi & also same slow speed in iPhone with 4G

its a real pain

0 Kudos
FloristGrump
Tuning in
Message 22 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Firstly, can I add my own name to this lengthening list of people who is experiencing long connection delays with the TV Control app. I have had these issues for a while but was expecting a fix in due course. It seems a long time coming but it is, at least, nice to know that a solution is being discussed.

With regard to to prioritising, I understand your point about fixing things that are totally broken first but keep in mind that for many people like me, this app is a piece of Virginmedia-branded software that we interact with on a constant basis (at least 4 or 5 times a day - sometimes many more). If every single one of those interactions is a frustrating wait for 30-50 seconds then a lot of people are getting very frustrated at Virginmedia a lot of the time. The cumulative psychological effect on brand perception cannot be something that the company want to leave unchecked for too long surely?!

pauls_griff
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant reply. My thoughts entirely. 

Richard711
Joining in
Message 24 of 79
Flag for a moderator

I’m posting to add my name to the list of frustrated customers.

It takes a good 45 seconds to open the app, but very good, and quick once it has opened. 

It has to be a timeout waiting for a preferred connection method..

im on an iPhone 8 Plus.

0 Kudos
hughjlf
Joining in
Message 25 of 79
Flag for a moderator

I agree - the app is slow and cumbersome - makes me not want to use it - which is a real shame since otherwise it's a useful app. I do wonder why Virgin bothers at all with something that is so fundamentally third rate and unfit for purpose.

0 Kudos
timtunes
Tuning in
Message 26 of 79
Flag for a moderator

I can agree, same problem here -v6 with (now) XSmax on ios 12

0 Kudos
JosLeach
Joining in
Message 27 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Same issue for a while.  Have VM 215mb download, hub 3 in modem mode and Deco mesh WiFi.  Doesn’t matter whether I’m right next to the VM box / master router or anywhere in the house it’s the same: 45 seconds to connect to V6. “Not a priority” VM should listen to their customers to understand what is a priority to us.  The dismissive nature (when they bother to acknowledge at all) is disappointing, as is a V6 box without HDMI active switching... I do wonder how they get through QC - more CAT required guys.

0 Kudos
Marni1971
Dialled in
Message 28 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply. 

As you can see there’s now three pages of customers with the same issue. Please raise this problem again to be treated as a matter of urgency since four months later there’s no improvement. 

(Just now I retried it again on iPad running iOS12.01 - it took 36 seconds to load)

bradsweb
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 79
Flag for a moderator

I note that the “TV Control” app has just been updated via the App Store - still took 45 seconds to load though!  Come on Virgin, let’s have some customer care, and sort this out!

0 Kudos
timtunes
Tuning in
Message 30 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Yes, still takes forever - how can this be acceptable????

0 Kudos